Thot of collating a small collection of some of the stupidest things said/done by our politicians
- Robbery is common.
o Original: Daketi to hota rahta hai.
o Laloo Yadav Answering to the issue of railway security" ("Laloo girds up for his big day", The Hindu, July 06, 2004. URL accessed on 2006-05-08.)
- "We must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose." Indira Gandhi.
- Indian Railways is the responsibility of Lord Vishwakarma. So is the safety of passengers... It is His duty, not mine. I have been forced to don His mantle.
o Laloo Prasad Yadav Reacting to increasing number of train mishaps, Patna ("Boarding a train? Pray to God", The Times of India, July 02, 2004)
- In response to the Sethusamudam controversy, Karunanidhi questioned the existence of Hindu god Rama. He asked
“ Some say there was a person over 17 lakh years ago. His name was Rama. Do not touch the bridge (Ramar Sethu) constructed by him. Who is this Rama? From which engineering college did he graduate? Is there any proof for this? ”
- I work so much. If I don't get all the comforts, I will turn mad.
Laloo Prasad Yadav Responding to the criticism of his adversaries that he always travelled in a salon. (July 3, 2004 The Times of India)
- A few years back, as the Louisiana legislature was arguing a bill to prevent flooding, state Rep. Sherman Copelin Jr. said, "This is the most important bill of the session. . . . I have not read the bill."
- Alaska Gov. Walter Hickel once justified a plan to kill hundreds of wolves by saying, "You just can't let nature run wild."
- "I would never approach a small-breasted woman." -- President Clinton, denying that he had sexually harassed Kathleen Willey
- "I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." – Schwarzenegger
- "I think incest can be handled as a family matter within the family." -- Jay Dickey Jr., U.S. representative from Arkansas
- "I have said that I'm not running and I'm having a great time being pres — being a first-term senator." —Hilary Clinton on her presidential ambitions
- "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council